Ramon, a Terminal Software for LoRa ALOHA Dongle

 

I am programming a Terminal software for my own LoRa USB Dongle. Its name was Radio Terminal, but I think it is too geek, so I rename it to Ramon, stands for Radio Monitor. Ramon for LoRawhat is a perfect match !

 

The software is written with wxPython, so it can run on Windows, Linux and Mac. The USB LoRa dongle can load ALOHA firmware, instead of LoRaWAN firmware. LoRaWAN firmware is dedicated for IoT applications, while ALOHA firmware can convert the device into a ham radio modem. But the consumers don't bother to apply radio license like hammers do. Small groups can build a chatting room with several dongles during traveling, climing or working, even there are no mobile base stations nearby.

 

My dongle actually has two interfaces, USB and UART. The UART can be used to bridge BLE/WiFi to mobile or remote server. With this feature, any node within the group can act as a bridge between local LoRa network and remote users via web services.

 

More features will include, sensors integration, encrypted message, location based services, BLE mobile applications, please support me by purchasing my USB dongles, since everything costs money.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PHY622X BLE SoC from PHYPLUS

PY32F0XX Low Cost TSSOP ARM Cortex-M0+ Microcontroller

Second Sources